Lori M. Dorman joined the firm in 2021, bringing with her a breadth of experience in litigation, real estate and business matters.
As a small business owner, Lori understands the difficulties of the real world. She offers practical advice tailored to her clients’ needs. She counsels clients with entity formation (corporations, limited liability companies and partnerships). She prepares and dissects contracts, drafts and reviews leases and helps her clients understand their options and legal rights. She works tirelessly for her clients, identifying problems and finding solutions.
Lori’s litigation practice includes business disputes, probate, estate and guardianship matters and real estate litigation. She has handled breach of contract cases, restrictive covenant (noncompete) litigation, real estate and construction disputes, landlord/tenant actions, and lack of capacity and undue influence claims.
When she began practicing law, Lori served as insurance defense counsel, representing healthcare professionals in malpractice cases. She now serves as personal counsel for doctors, dentists and others, making sure that the insurance company does its job and protects her client’s interests.
When she’s not practicing law, Lori enjoys spending time with her family, growing vegetables, paddling and competing in triathlons.
- University of California at Los Angeles (UCLA), B.S. Biology
- University of Louisville School of Law, J.D., Cum Laude
BAR AND COURT ADMISSIONS
- Florida Bar
- U.S. District Court, Middle District of Florida
- Colorado Bar
- Manatee County Bar Association (President 2001-2002; Director 2014-2019)
- Florida Bar – Diversity & Inclusion Committee
- Florida Association for Women Lawyers, Manatee County (President 1999-2000)
- Judge, Manatee County Teen Court
- Legal Aid of Manasota, volunteer attorney
- Leadership Manatee
- The Fred G. Minnis, Sr., Bar Association – SMC
- Contract Law
- Employment Matters
Business & Real Estate Litigation (including noncompete/restrictive covenants)
Probate, Trust & Guardianship Litigation
Malpractice Defense (Personal Counsel to Healthcare Professionals)
Special Magistrate/Special Master
Selected for inclusion in Florida Super Lawyers for 2019, 2020 and 2021